How can I get my dh to pick up after himself?

He thinks because I work less than him I should pick up after him. No Way!

Asked by eds6619 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• yea i do not think there is no way you can lol mine never does even on a day off and tried never picking up after him but it got soo messy!

Answer by kaylajean86 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Put all his things in a pile in a basket so that they are not in your way. Dont wash any clothes that do not make it to a hamper, and dont help him find lost items. He will pick it up when it is necessary.

Answer by housemommyto2 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Hi Em
    Oh girl...........I wish I had an answer for you. :) Make him a list? I left Doug's dirty socks out for while.......and he finally picked them up three pairs later. If I want the house clean, I do it myself. He won't do it right any way.

Answer by kayleighsmummy at 1:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• When you find out, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know!!! I can't get my DH to pick up after himself at all. I can't even get him to talk out the trash.

Answer by Rafaelsmom at 1:51 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• dont pickup after him, he'll get the clue, I hope!

Answer by m0m2twoboys at 2:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Dont... clean the things you want to and leave his stuff all over when he cant find it or its not clean hell take care of it.

Answer by simplystephanie at 2:52 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• lol...when you find out let me know! I've been trying to get DH to do that for quite a while. I tried everything...all I can say is GOOD LUCK!

Answer by MrsSpecialistB at 3:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• go on strike. If he drops it, DON'T pick it up. If he uses a dish and doesnt clean it, DON'T wash it. Don't even cook enough dinner except for you and the kids. he'll get the point. Heck, i'd go on sex strike too!

Answer by yasabree at 4:19 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i have tried to strike but the whole house just goes to pot and he does'nt care. he can live in a dirty hole. soooo, i wind up picking the whole house up and nothing was learned expect that i should just keep it picked up in the first place because i can't stand the mess. he can outwait me anytime. disgusting men.

Answer by heather_bee at 4:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• If you figure it out, let me know! LOL Actually, my hubby's problem was socks mostly. He'd leave them all over the house. Finally, I had it, I would pick up the socks and leave them in a pile next to his side of the bed. When he ran out of socks in his drawer, he asked me where his socks were. I showed him the pile. I told him I had picked them up from all over the house, if he wanted them cleaned, he'd need to put them in the dirty laundry hamper or wash them himself. He has since started putting his socks in the dirty laundry hamper. LOL

Answer by momof3inTN at 5:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2008