potty training

My daughter will not cooperate with me at all-she is OK with sitting on the potty with a diaper on and fully clothed, but not naked. She strains herself, stretching herself out so she is heavy and I cannot lift her; plus she screams, tossing herself around and throwing punches.

Being two years of age and almost out of the largest diapers I am frustrated because soon she will only fit the pull-ups she wears every few days all the time. What am I to do? The pull-ups do not fit her well nor are they great for long trips nor bed times.

Asked by Thonasome at 6:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i am having the same trouble its franstrating trying to potty train my son take nappy off and leave potty nearl like in the lounge room then reward him with a treat good boy good luck

Answer by supermum2 at 8:44 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• my son was 3.5 when we finally finished. i used the very cheap Dollar General brand pull ups for a while until he got interested and then switched to the feel and learn. Waste of time he did not potty train until I got frustrated and put him in underwear and plastic pants. Wait it out until she shws interest but skip the pull ups once seriously training.

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• try giving her praise when she sits with her clothes on. Tell her Great Job! You sat on the potty! Also try putting Big girl undies on over her diaper to get her used to wearing them so it isnt a shock to her system when she does begin to wear them.

We struggled with this daughter is 5 now and wasnt Pee toilet trained until she was 4! Good Luck it is frustrating but it will come!!