any special ways or ideas on how to tell my husband i'm pregnant....

i'm not yet but hope to be soon. i have 3 ideas on how to tell him: one have him open box up w/ the test inside, 2nd paint the nursery and put on door expecting a little one, fortune cookie that says i'm pregnant love melody. for my parents and in laws i wanted to get fabric paint and out on my kids shirts i'm going to be a big brother/sister. another idea was i write on my belly i'm pregnant and initiate sex. i was hoping i would know before valentines day so i could tell him on that day. he wants a baby with me so bad and i want to make him learning of it so meaningful.

what are your ideas? i found these online but need more...or which idea do you like best that i listed.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If it's on Valentine's Day that you end up telling him, you could say that you want to take a picture of the two of you on the special day... Instead of saying "okay, say cheese!", you could say "okay, say we're having a baby!" and then snap the picture to catch his reaction. You could do it even if it wasn't Valentine's Day, obviously, but it's easier to come up with an excuse to take a picture if it's a special occasion. I really like the fortune cookie idea. It'd be so funny if his "fortune" said "I see lots of sleepless nights, diapers, and bedtime stories in your near future."

Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 7:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I answered this question earlier- what happened, did it get deleted?

Answer by Bmat at 6:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• no just didn't get any new ideas so i thought i'd try here since my question is not at the bottom where you can see it. i had lots asking if this was something my husband expected or wanted. thanks though for answering.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• OK.

I didn't do anything original. I just told my husband. If I had it to do again I think I'd wrap the baby bootie in the box, and I like the idea of having the server hand it to him at dinner, too. LOL! I hope you get some good ideas.

How about mixing a CD with all baby music and playing that for him at supper one night! I mean nursery rhyme music and music with the word Baby in it, even if not about babies.

Answer by Bmat at 7:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Oh I like the belly one! Or buy some pink baby socks and blue ones, and say, "Oh look what I found today on sale!" He'll be confused at first...but then ask him "which one do you think it is?" Ha ha.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• maybe a cake that says I love you daddy

Anonymous

• I told him on my birthday. We'd been trying for years, and had lost 7 babies so it was a little scary for both of us. We were in Kodiak, Alaska at the time, and he took me to dinner to celebrate my birthday and thought he was so sneaky bringing a cake ahead of time. Luckily the manager of the campground let it slip because she didn't know I didn't know (she was the one making the cake- her passion was cakes and camping LOL). I asked her to write "Mommy (in 7 1/2 months)" instead of my name. He must have looked at it three times before it registered! hehe
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 7:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I wrote "Occupied for 9 months" on my belly in eyeliner, then asked him to come into the bedroom.
    Anonymous

• I do not know I just took hubby for a walk when I told him. I was too excited to wait. lol And that is it. We are now a party of 7 with his mine and ours :)
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I gave my husband a small box as a gift. Inside was my positive pregnancy test.

Would not recommend painting while pregnant. Best wishes.
    Anonymous