Teething

Do any of you have any suggestions on how to ease my daughter's teething pain? Besides the orajel or teething tablets...I was wondering if any of you had any home remedies.

efmeador0709

Asked by efmeador0709 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give her a pickle to chew on..They are cold and feel good on their gums.
    Believe it or not some babies love pickles.
    Anonymous

• I tried pickles but as soon as she broke the skin of the pickle, lol, she made the most hilarious face and threw it down.

My daughter is a big fan of ice-cubes. I take a baby washcloth and wrap an icecube in it, tie it off with a hair-tie, and let her gnaw on that.

Other than that...mmmm...nope, thats about the only thing that will calm her aside from giving her some Biter Biscuits (from gerber) to chew on. That helped her a lot too.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I got this thing from walmart im not sure what its called lol but u open it and put fruit in it and it has little holes so she can get the juice..u could put ice cubes in one of those or put something else in ther lol
    MiasMommy6908

Answer by MiasMommy6908 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Take a washcloth, get it wet and put it in the freezer for a few minutes then give it to her. that should help.Also, I hate to mention this, but there is always whiskey rubbed directly on the gums-not sure if it really works, but it just might
    Anonymous

• I've done the washcloth and the ice cube too. It's easiest to wet the washcloth and put the ice cube inside that way you can hold it while they chew on it but your fingers don't freeze lol. My son likes it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2009