Have you seen The Passion of the Christ?

Why are some of the demons in the movie portrayed as children?

I would like feedback from people that actually have a decent response and not some rude remark, thanks!

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i am going to have to re watch it. It has been a while but i dont remember children as demons. interesting...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Honestly, I think that's Peter's mind,playing tricks on him. I really don't think the children are portrayed as demons in the sense you're talking about. If I remember, they are there when he is outside,grieving over having denied Christ the three times, just as Jesus told him he would. I'm sure at that moment, his mind was doing all kinds of things,and I have no doubt the enemy (Satan) was really doing a number on him,as well. So, it only stands to reason he's see demons,and the kids were there. Just my thoughts on it. That's my favorite movie,by the way. It's awfully hard to watch, seeing what our Lord and Savior endured, but as bad as that was,the reality was I'm sure even worse.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I did see it... But it's been a while. I saw it in theaters. I thought it was an interesting interpretation. I think the reason children were used is because they wanted to show how demons appear as innocent.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Ok, that makes better sense I guess. I just didn't understand why it seemed like he only saw the children that way. I was watching the movie earlier and couldn't figure it out. Thanks!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Ohhh I love that movie. It's the only movie that I've cried at in the theater.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Even Satan comes as a light. So you never know what he can do. Thats why Im with the Lord... GOd bless
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I was about to say that demons can appear as any age, but I think Sabrina put it better along with the others. Satan likes to deceive, and he'll use any way to do it...even making his angels (demons) appear as children.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I do have to say I was very angry that they made the devil a woman in that movie... Every chance to equate women with evil, huh?!? So sad!!

No wonder I'm pagan!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Oh, That was a woman? lol
    I knew something looked weird about Satan. Seriously.
    I was thinking it was just a weird looking man.
    Anonymous

• I thought it was a weird looking man too--did you hear his voice??? I think his voice was deeper than my husband's! That had to be a feminine looking man.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009