Do you own a small business? I'm sorry.....

Your previously promised $3,000 job credit for creating or keeping a US job has just been dropped by Obama as reported by Lou Dobbs on CNN. A promise dropped before he is sworn in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Here is the thing. Small businesses create most of the jobs in this country. Small businesses are looking at being taxed higher. This means if you own a business and happen to actually make a profit in this economy 39% of your income will go to taxes under Obamas plan. I have a friend who owns a business and she is letting go of people she doesnt need. For instance she doesnt need the person who comes in and cleans up and runs errands. Thats one job. She is getting rid of two full time employees and replacing them with one part time and just picking up the extra hours or asking friends and family to assist. This will save her what she is going to spend in extra taxes and the loss of any incentive to create jobs. Its just reality folks. People have to make a living.

Answer by gemgem at 7:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Can the man please get into office before you start having a pity party
    Anonymous

• Which is why I am laying people off.
    Anonymous

• I don't get it.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Anyone who actually owns a small business knows that a $3,000 tax credit to hire someone is ludicrous to begin with. If you don't need a new employee, a $3,000 tax credit would NOT be enough to entice you to hire someone. It would not cover your expenses. Small businesses CANNOT afford to hire someone just to create a job. I suppose only Govt (using taxpayer's dollars) can afford to create jobs.
    Anonymous

• I was listening that today in Fox News. Republicans and some democrats were happy about that. So ,it's was right thing to do.
    Anonymous

• No, I mean the first response, pity party for who?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I would not hire someone to get $3000 tax credit. It would be a waste in the first place to hire someone you don't need just for $3000. In today's economy we can hardly keep the few employees we currently have. I almost can't even afford to pay them anymore due to the slowing in the economy.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• OK, we all know how I feel about Obama. . .

But seriously, He's changed his mind about a dozen times already since he started getting more information. I, for one, am glad!

Presidents have a lot more information than any of us do, we get ours spoon fed by an extremist media, they get the story. I don't like the guy. At all. But he's going to be our president in less than a week, so maybe we should give him a little respect, and just relax for a bit.

See what he actually does.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have a small business that sold 2.5 million dollars worth of product last year.
    I don't like people who always want a friggin' handout from people who work their butts off.
    I love my country, God, and old fashioned values.
    Our president-elect is a screw-up and we all will suffer for it in the end.

I'm not anonymous, I'm: mustbeGrace
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009