Has anyone had a D&C from a Missed Miscarriage?

If so, how long did the bleeding last after the procedure? I had a D&C last Thursday and I am still bleeding. I was in my 9th week when I found out the baby died and I had the procedure done the following week. The first couple of days I was spotting a little, then I started to bleed a little heavier. Today I thought I finally stopped. I did not see any blood all day. Later this evening, I started bleeding again and I am cramping a little. I just want it to be over so I can move and eventually start trying again.

JenaElliott

Asked by JenaElliott at 7:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my D&C I only had very light bleeding for about a week and a half or so. It started out red, but gradually became brown before tapering off completely. I would give your doctor a call just to make sure that everything is fine. Different people will recover differently from the procedure. I'm very sorry for your loss.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 7:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yes I had light then to heavy bleeding for almost two weeks. Then slowly everything returned back to normal. My actual first mentral cycle was heavy but there after I was fine. I hope this helped. If you ever need someone to talk to, let me know. I understand, it is a hard thing to go through. My case was I didn't find out until I was at my 3 month doctor appointment. I was devastated. It took me awhile before I could see why this had happened. Now I am thankful for how the pregnancy was hanled because I would never had my gorgeous daughter. I hope my story helps even if it is a little. Remember there is always a positive in any negative situation. It may be so hard to find especially now, but remember it is there. Hope is the greatest gift we can give ourselves.
    mrsblah

Answer by mrsblah at 7:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• With my pregnancy that ended in missed miscarriage I had a 6 week u/s and the baby was measuring 6 weeks and a heartbeat was seen. At 10 weeks I had just a light twinge of brown blood and decided to get checked out just in case. The baby had died and was only measuring 7 weeks. I had a D&C the next day since I had already carried the baby for 3 weeks without passing him/her.

I can't remember exactly, since it was almost a decade ago, but I think I bled for about 1-2 weeks afterward.

I'm very sorry for your loss!
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 7:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2009