Please help definitely confused!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been living with a guy for over a year but we are at totally different points in life. I want to buy a house and he wants to rent forever, and he doesn't manage money well. I care about him but not in love with him. I ran in to an old boyfriend that my parents forced me to break up with when I was 17 and can't stop thinking about him. I even spent part of the day with him today. I am really really confused. Please don't bash be nice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, I think that if you arent in love with the guy you live with you need to tell him that and tell him you two arent on the same page of life. That you dont want to be together anymore. Then I wouldnt just jump right into a relationship with the other guy but just be friends for awhile. I know you said you dated in the past. But he might feel like the rebound guy if you start dating right away.
    Anonymous

• Poster here: by the way nothing happened at his house today we just talked.Didn't even kiss or hug he did hold my hand for like a minute though.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like you already have your mind made up that you don't really want to be with the man that you are. I say leave him and then just take it from there. GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I agree with the poster ahead of me, for what it's worth...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Dating is the time to really get to know someone. I have made mistakes too being with people with different goals and it sucks. You both should be like minded and balance each other out. Hubby and I did a 101 questions before you get engaged book and we were so alike in thinking and we surprised :)
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think maybe you should try it on your own for a while, go your seperate ways and if in time you come back to each other..(the man youre with now) that it is a sign of somthing meant to be.
    The man from your past is from your past and take your time figuring out why your parents didnt want you to be with him. Parents do things for a reason.......Mine did and I am thankful for it now! 15 yrs later!
    15 yrs later that Man I dated still sits on his parents porch, drinks beer every day, hasnt worked more than 2 months at a job and still thinks he is 21!
    Anonymous

• quoting Anonymous at 6:51

I think maybe you should try it on your own for a while, go your seperate ways and if in time you come back to each other..(the man youre with now) that it is a sign of somthing meant to be.
    15 yrs later that Man I dated still sits on his parents porch, drinks beer every day, hasnt worked more than 2 months at a job and still thinks he is 21

they didn't want us together because we had a car accident and he was driving. My parents have NEVER liked anyone I have been with. And the guy I am with now and I have been together before and it didn't work then either.
    Anonymous

• I wish I knew your Ages... That would Help! But follow your Head & your Heart!! Think it over.. Make A list of things you have to do, want to do,, Want to start on Etc.. See if that's working in your current Relationship.. Its also hard to go back.. Relive & restart something.. Unless its really right & meant to be.. You're the only one to really have to decide and make the choice!! Best of Luck!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Life's too short to not do what makes you happy. If you want to explore rekindling a relationship with an old BF, you owe it to your current SO to tell him the truth and do just that. Good luck with whatever you choose.
    Anonymous

• Move out and live your life as you want as an intelligent and single woman. You don't have to settle for any man until you know it's the right man for you. Enjoy them all until Mr Right comes along. (when I say enjoy them all I don't mean ENJOY them all, I just mean enjoy time with them! LOL)

Answer by admckenzie at 8:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2009