i am trying to conceive, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get pregnant naturally

i am 28 and i have a 9 year old son. i am getting married next month and i found in my last marriage it was hard to conceive. the doctor said everything is fine. but, i do not get a monthly period unless the doctor place me on hormone pills. i have always been irregular. i am desperate to have my new husband a child. we are not sexually active until marriage. but i would like to conceive asap..... please any suggestions

CHOCOLATE1981

Asked by CHOCOLATE1981 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Ovulation predictor test are the best way to go. Don't think to much about it either. If you stress out you will not only not get pregnant but you will also mess up your cycle even more. When you get your positive OPT have a glass of wine before trying and prop your butt up n a pillow for about 15 min after. You on the bottom is best for conception. I read all this stuff while I was TTC and it seemed to have worked because when I did all of that stuff combined got PG that moth. I hope that it works for you but everyone is different. Best of luck and keep me posted. I wanna know if it works for you to!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Just have lots of sex and don't think too much. I found I conceived twice during months that I was sure it didn't happen because I wasn't paying attention. Also, keep in mind it takes the average couple 8 months to conceive. Relax.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• like a previous poster said get an ovulation predictor test. when it tells you your most fertile or close to it try to have sex everyday or at least every other day during your fertile periods. also try different positions when you have sex, and try and lay still for at least 20 minutes after sex so that the sperm will have the best chance to travel upwards towards your egg. relax, have fun, and don't stress too much and it will happen. good luck and best wishes to you!
    Princess87

Answer by Princess87 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• be aware that taking hormones may make any hormone related test less than 100% reliable. you want to take your temperature every morning before you get out of bed and chart it. when you ovulate you will have a shift in temperature. Also your cervical fluid will tell you when and if you have ovulated. You can have a period and not ovulate. For mor detailed information ont his and other ovulatory signs and fertility info i suggest you check out "Taking charge of your fertility "toni weschler , the web site is tcoyf.com. You can download the charting software. This is the best that I have found for info and I have concieved 2 children because of this information. the charting software is awesome. Best of luck! hope this is helpful.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 10:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• oh dont take hormones i was and still am irregular and i got preg right off your next period after your ready start having sex every day if you want a girl do it 2and 3 times a day for real it works my mom told a lady to do that because she was wanting a girl after 3 boys i worked my mother did it with me i did it with my daughter so if you want a girl lots of sex until you have not had one when your usuly have one mine was every other month but if you want another boy have sex 1 or 2 times a day and make it fun for both of you hope everything goes well
    happymama7

Answer by happymama7 at 2:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2009