Should I?

Ive posted up questions about my situation asking for advise as to how i should handle it, Well I recently met someone and hes great with my son and is so excited that im expecting and he has been doing everything to help and be there for me- even though hes not the biological father... he WANTS the baby- unlike my ex... My ex is even going so far (knowing hes the only man ive ever been with) as to ask for a paternity test when the baby is born... So My question is- Should i let the guy im with be on the birth cirtificate and be the babys daddy- he REALLY wants to be, even if we dont end up together he wants to be a part of my childrens lives... and is a better father to my son than my ex ever was... so should I put him on there and let him be daddy?

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 7:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its up to his real father i would think, if he wants no legal rights over this child then i dont see why not
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• That is a decision the three of you would need to make. Just keep in the back of you mind the guy that is not the biological father can always come back in court and deny that you all made the agreement. Just something to think about for the long run. I know a couple that did the same thing you are wanting to do. They drew up a document and had it notarized and now it is a legal binding document that basically states he is the adoptive parent. Just check into your state laws, because it can be more difficult than just putting his name on the birth certificate. Hope this helps, just looking out for the other mommas on here.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Keep In mind- My ex wants nothing to do with the pregnancy, Doesnt want to be around- too busy with his new girlfriend- and Doesnt believe its his anyway.... I know its his... but he wants a paternity test before he will claim the baby to be his... and him wanting me to get an abortion and NOT wanting this child except for the fact that its another way to hurt me, I dont want him around and i dont want my baby to grow up knowing her father doesnt want her.... id rather put my friend on there and know that she will be loved by the man she will know as daddy, then put my ex and have her grow up with mommys friend loving her more than her daddy.... I just want to do whats right and what will be best for my baby.... Being that its too late to make things better for my son... I just dont know Which is the right way because im really biased about it..... hense the call for help and advise! lol
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 8:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• THAT IS ILLEGAL IF YOU KNOW AND HE KNOWS HE IS NOT THE FATHER HE COULD GO TOO JAIL IF THE REAL FATHER WANTS TOO PRESS CHARGES ON HIM MY DADS GIRLFRIEND WANTED TO DO THAT WITH HIM BUT HE WENT AND CHECKED FIRST AND THEY SAID NOOO BE CAREFUL WITH SOMETHING LIKE THAT ALSO IF YOU TWO SPLIT HE CAN TAKE YOUR BABY FROM YOU ALSO BY BEING ON HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND YOU CANT STOP HIM
    Anonymous

• BEST BET IS TOO LEAVE BIRTH CERTIFICATE BLANK FATHER UNKNOWN SO HE CAN'T COME TAKE HER
    Anonymous