• In the Spotlight:

Have you ever considered the flip side of the coin?

Why do people in third world countries become terrorists? They don't wake up one day and say it is a good day to become a terrorist. Usually there is a reason. What do you think the reason(s) is/are?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh give me a break Juli. My husband is US Army. If we never develop empathy or understanding for those from countries where hate is spread like in many many countries outside ours we will NEVER solve the war on Terror. What Bush's ignorant war mongering ass fails to realise that blowing up the "known" terrorists will do NOTHING to solve the problem. It may, for a period, stop attacks but then there we will be a new generation of terrorists avenging their parents. The key is education, not more violence.

I am not saying go out and hug every terrorist.. I am saying that hate just breeds more hate. Racism breeds more Racism. It's the same concept.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:29 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• They're indoctrinated from birth! They attend radical Madrassas (just like a certain PE), they are promised eternal life with a bunch of virgins by some guy named Alli!!! LMAO!
    Anonymous

• I know sometimes it is becaused they are raised into it.

It's like the little kid who grows up hearing that their parents hate such and such ethnic group, multiplied by a million times infinity . . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• What else is there to do living in a hut/cave in the middle of the desert?! See what happens when you don't have cable,the internet and cell phones! They're not much different than the Neanderthals!
    Anonymous

• There was this DVD called Obsession that is free and I watched it and these children are being taught it at school!! They are being taught that all western nations (but America and England were the two mentioned most frequently) are evil. They do music videos talking about killing Americans, they get on their national TV and say that Americans are the devil, etc.
    Anonymous

• If they are raised in it, it is not their fault. It is the same as a child taught hate from an early age with parents who are neo-nazis. However, change can happen as adults via EDUCATION. If the US did not use such a firm hand and HELPED the poor instead of angering them by butting into other Governments' business, the world would be a safer place.
    Anonymous

• Okay, ANON, why don't you and a bunch of your Hippie friends...go on a mission to show us how it's done!!! I DARE YOU!!! What?! OH! It was just a THEORY! You mean you wouldn't ACTUALLY do it...the hugging of a terrorist or the educating of them? Got it! (rolls eyes)

Have a Coke and a smile..."I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony....."
    Anonymous

• lol 8:13
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Some are grabbed on the street and told if they dont do what they say, their families will be tortured and killed....
    Some are taught from birth that other places are evil, and shown propaganda to prove this (just as they did in Germany)
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think I know who (rolls eyes) is.
    Anonymous