Do you find people have a hard time sharing their point of views with out picking a fight on here?

So we are suppose to ask questions, I am not sure people can share their different point of views with out being cruel to each other..I find as I read a post to ask or answer questions... I see people fighting. what in the world? Are we honestly asking these questions to get in to a long degerading debate? By now we should all be old enough to have different oppinions and be okay with that don't you think?

Tabetha_ruh

Asked by Tabetha_ruh at 8:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah...when there's women getting their facts from biased sources and insisting they are right or posting anonymous just to say something rude, it's rather difficult...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• There are obviously posts made just to stir the pot...for instance the ppl doing the whole Obama's horrible posts right now....what kinda response do they think they are gonna get??
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Agree w/ Anon. Then there are posts where the OP gets pissy because the replies don't reflect what she wants to hear. Oh well, I guess it's human nature.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• People think they are right, and get angry when other people disagree.

I think a lot of the times the poster thinks that "THIS" will teach everyone what is right, which would be whatever she believes. I've also noticed that anons tend to multiply when a lot of people are disagreeing with one person. It's almost like people invent likeminded people to get their backs!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It seems on some threads that yes, this is the case. I attribute it to passionate feelings on issues and the more someone fights back it just means to me that they are that much more passionate about the issue. But I see a lot of the petty stuff too. It's easy to call someone names from behind a computer screen. I would guess that most of the ladies on here are perfectly lovely outside of this forum (Yes, I am including myself in that bunch). I think the ones that bother me the most are the posters that come into a thread w/o answering the question and picking other posts apart for entertainment. Petty.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I believe this is the only way some people have to grumble, give feelings, express themselves, perhaps the only place they can. We don't know them, they don't know us, if it makes them feel better when closing the computer, good for them! :). Now I am the opposite, just softly shake my head when seeing something.... well different, and just move on, and yes...smiling!

Life is what we make it, no?
    DRZ

Answer by DRZ at 9:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i think they get mad when people are being rude. at least i do.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• cause if you dont think like everyone else then you are wrong ... people are just B****y on here
    Anonymous

• i find myself getting into heated conversations but it all starts with people not agreeing with each other...and some of the answers i read to questions i cant help myself but comment
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Alot of times the questions asked cause people to get emotional (I'm guilty).

Us women do strange (and often catty) things when we're "fired up".
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2009