Is it ok the my son is almost 2 and he drinks alot of fluid at night? Is that ok? How do i slow that down?

sweetie3107

Asked by sweetie3107 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's "okay", but it will make potty training harder. I'd just cut back on what you let him have...a bit at a time.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• You slow it down by not giving it to him.
    Crazy-Steph

Answer by Crazy-Steph at 9:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I would say it depends on the fluid and why. My son has water to drink every night at bedtime, but only water. I don't allow juice and only occasionally milk. Last night's dinner was saltier than usual, so after he drank some milk, he drank more water than usual. I'm not nighttime potty training him, so it's not a big issue for us. Is he getting enough to drink during the day? Are you concerned about something in particular?
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• He is My first child. So i am learning as I go and it can be hard! Whenever my son get any kind of drink he will drink all of it at once. Is that Normal? I thought I went through the right steps by not giving him milk at night. Got him off the Bottle. He only takes a cup or a sippy cup now. But its just at night. He says Juice Juice and I only put Just a bit of juice in the water. Just in the recent weeks has it gotten to be like more and more hes waking up and wanting a drink. I tell him he dose not need it and I have tried evcerything I can think of. Its like every few hours it seems. I dont know what to do??...
    sweetie3107

Answer by sweetie3107 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009