What is your parenting style?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am an intuitive parent, I guess I can be classified as an attachment parent. I really do what comes naturally and what feels right. I don't spank, breastfeed, coslept, I respond to my child's cries, and don't cry it out. I don't follow any set rules to parenting though. It was all very natural to me.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• permissive
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I'm an attachement parent, very similar to what celticreverie has written above.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I don't follow any one parenting style I just do what I feel is right for our family. I am definitely not an attachment parent, I spank and I don't believe a child should ever be in the parents bed unless they are really sick, I'm strict and I teach them to be independent.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I'm a strict mother. Straight to the point. It's my way or you pay the consequences later for it. There is no sleeping in my bed there is no tv before homework. there is no wining and crying for small things. there is no begging. there is no talking back. there is no type of arguing between my children. i do spank my kids and do not believe in time out.
    I love my kids to death but I get annoyed at parents who allow their kids to run the show. I don't think so.
    You eat when I finish cooking. There is no juice until dinner. milk in the morning and water in between. Yes I am strict. You will not run through my house as if you are outside. You will use inside voices in the house The list goes on and on. I don't play games with kids. More kids in this world need my parenting skills.
    Anonymous