At what point...?

do you stop counting their age by days and start counting by weeks?
And at what point do you stop counting by wks and start counting by months?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 9:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is no rule but I stopped using days when she was over 1 week old.
    I stopped using weeks when she was between 2 and 4 months old. That depended on who I was talking to and what we were talking about.
    I've pretty much stopped using months now - at 2.5 years. But I have to tell you, it still depends on who I'm talking to and what we are talking about. For example, I can't tell you how frustrating it is to see a question in the toddler section asking how to potty train a 2-year-old. There is a huge difference between a 24 month old kid and a 35 month old kid... one is still at least half baby, one is a preschooler.
    I imagine I'll use "halfs" for a few years but I'll probably stop using them LONG before she does!

So use whatever you want, use whatever fits the situation, use what lets the other person in the conversation know what they need to know about your child.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Whenever you want.
    Anonymous

• i stopped when mine were 2 i dont remember that far back lol
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I stopped counting weeks around 2 months, I will probably stop counting months by age 2. Iits up to you :).
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It's up to you.
    I changed to weeks after 14 days.. And months after 8 weeks.. I couldn't possibly tell you how many weeks my 3 month old is at this point..
    I stopped counting months after 2 years.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 9:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• when they turn 3 month stop weeks when they turn 2 stop months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2009