i am fixin to be a mommy for the first time... i am really scared that i wont know what to do... someone please tell me some advice

i am a scared mom to be

PrOuDmOmMy2Be09

Asked by PrOuDmOmMy2Be09 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What kind of advice are you looking for?

Definitely get your hands on some pregnancy and parenting books. Lots of good info there.

But without a definitive question, I don't know exactly what you need help with.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 6:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• All of those things we worry about before coming a mommy then once we are a mommy it comes to us naturally like we have done it all of our lives. Granted sometimes we need a little help but not like we originally thought. Is their anything specific on your mind that you would like to know that I can try and help with? If you have any questions please feel free to write to me granted I am noe expert just the mom of one and then another come January but I can give the best advice I know esp if it is something that I have gone through.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 6:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Well, i think for most of us, it just comes naturally. The only advice I can give in general is that if your baby is crying is s/he hungry, need a diaper change or loving? Good luck and congrats!!
    Nicole27

Answer by Nicole27 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• As metioned above, once they lay that baby in your arms it's like you've been a mom all your life. I am blessed with 5 beautiful, grown children and have my first grandchild on the way. It is sometimes scary, but you'll do fine. If there is anything specific that you would like to know, let me know. I'll be happy to help. I consider myself to be somewhat of an expert after having 5. LOL.
    navymom907

Answer by navymom907 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I agree,it comes naturally.I had my first child at 17...Yea scary!All worked out well and babies are the best thing that has ever happened to me!Good luck!I now have 5!
    shenanigal01

Answer by shenanigal01 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• It's scary and overwhelming but some how, you manage to do - with no sleep too!
    I agree with the others, get a good parenting book as a reference and trust yourself.
    I like the book "Caring for Your Baby and Young Child: Birth to Age 5" by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• It will come naturally, I had my first 4 months ago and she is perfect
    LilMamaCrooks

Answer by LilMamaCrooks at 8:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I have only been a mommy for 2months now, but i've learned A LOT! Especially during pregnancy. If you have any ques. i'll be here to listen
    nates_mommi

Answer by nates_mommi at 9:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Search for a local MOPS group (www.MOPS.org) - Some states even have teen MOPS groups.

Do you live with your parents? Write down questions as they come to you and talk to your mom when she is able to answer...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• it is true that most of it really does come naturally, and the rest you will learn as you go along I felt the same way as you, dont stress about it enjoy your pregnancy and let the rest look after itself....
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:26 AM on Jul. 18, 2008