Bitty Baby Twins Knock offs

Does anyone know any companies that make dolls that are like the "Bitty Baby Twins" but cheaper? My 3 yr old wants them so badly but I hate to spend $100 on dolls that she will destroy and at her age, she wont know the difference.
I know Target and Toysrus make knock offs of the American Girl Dolls but cant find anyone who has boy-girl twins.
Any suggestions.

SandalsKitty

Asked by SandalsKitty at 1:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I just got my 18 month old a Bitty Baby and my now 10 yo had one as well. They hold up much better than the knock offs. We had both less expensive dolls and the actual AG ones and they Bitty Baby from my 10 yo is still in amazingly good condition. She got hers when she turned 2. I got taken outside and pushed around in the stroller, dragged to the grocery store, pulled around the house, etc. and like I said it still looks pretty good.
    The twins would be more expensive than one, but unless money is tight if that's what she wants, I wouldn't worry so much about them getting messed up. You can always send them to the "hospital" to get cleaned up too if they get too "hurt"

Answer by missanc at 9:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2012

• Thank you, I think I am going to go with the AG ones. My other concern was that she would like them for one day but then they'd lay in the corner but she really seems to want them so bad. Her bday isnt until the end of the month so if she keeps up like she has been, I will just have to suck it up and get them.
    I forgot about the hospital...you are right, I could always get them repaired or groomed there, we are close enough to a store.
    Thanks!
    SandalsKitty

Comment by SandalsKitty (original poster) at 8:26 AM on Jan. 11, 2012