DO INTERNAL ULTRASOUNDS HURT OR ARE THY JUST UNCOMFORTABLE?

I HAVE MY FIRST APPOINTMENT TOMORROW,AND I AM GETTING A INTERNAL ULRTASOUND.I'VE HEARD DIFFERENT THINGS SUCH AS,YOU BLLED AFTERWARDS(WICH WOULD ONLY LEAVE YOU TO THINK THERE PAINFUL)I'VE ALSO HEARD THERE NO BIG DEAL ,JUST MILD DISCOMFORT.SO LADIES PLEASE HELP ME OUT,WHICH ONE IS IT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had one done last year i think and it was just uncomfy no pain at all
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• mine didnt hurt at all. just felt like something was up there. but not uncomfortable or anything. and i didnt bleed after either. the thing they use looks HUGE but they do not put the whole thing up there.
    Anonymous

• Mine wasn't uncomfortable. The wand thing just looks intimidating, lmao.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I had one five months ago and they don't hurt at all hun!
    Anonymous

• Just uncomfortable, in my opinion. And not even necessarily physically uncomfortable. Uncomfortable as in, "there is some stranger with this weird looking thing that she/he is getting ready to stick in my vagina" kind of uncomfortable!  But, other than that, no big deal!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It is just uncomfortable .. It doesn't go in very far.. just the tip and ther shouldn't be any reason for bleeding because it only goes in like an inch or less... Don't worry.. it is one of the better ones when it is on your tummy you have to have a full bladder and that is so not fun.. you feel like your going to pee all over the place!!
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• pregnant bellyOh, and once you see that little heart beating on the screen, it is TOTALLY worth any discomfort!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• ok first time i had one when I was prego. i bleed a lil. NOPE not uncomfort though.. I had one like year ago and had to drink alot of water like an hour before...omg .Then I had another and they put in a calthater and did it... was embarrassing cuz, the lady looked all down there putting lubercation and IM NEVER having one agian. But no it doesnt hurt..... I know a man had to invent that thing. o they put a latex thing over it looks like a huge condom. lol
    Anonymous

• It wasnt even uncomfortable for me. The wand thing is about as thin as a pencil but the tip is a little larger. Not bad at all. Congrats by the way!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• No pain, just pressure when the tech scans your ovaries.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2009