What made you feel you had to marry your husband instead of just living with him?

RiverKyla

Asked by RiverKyla at 9:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I married mine because it was the right thing to do in my eyes. I've never lived with someone without the "benefit" of marriage other than the couple of weeks before we got married (I needed to be here to do the wedding thing and I lived in another state). Our state doesn't recognize common law marriage now, so later in life, that piece of paper will mean a lot to me financially but mine was more of a moral decision.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Ummmm i love him
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 9:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• health insurance
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I love him... and we were going to have a child.. i wanted my baby to have the same last name as me.. so we married and are all Turner's
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Lol...nothing...we're not married. I think if we were religious or if our families pushed it, we might have when we had our first child.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• nothing, i lived with him for 4 years before getting married to him and we got married because we love each other and i wanted to be able to share his last name. But personally in my opionion, i think it's a good idea to live with someone before marrying them so you know how well you mesh or not.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 9:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I love him. It was right and it's a decision that made us happy.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• LMFAO at 'health insurance.'
    Anonymous

• :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We lived together for a year before we got married and we got married because we wanted to not because we had to.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2009