Are you taking off work for the inguration?

I live in Northern Virginia. My husband job works for a college, and they are closed for it. All the area schools are going to be closed. I still have to work, but I far enough from DC I hope it won't be too bad.
Where do you are are you not working Tuesday by choice, or because your job is going to be closed.
I am trying to figure out if this is an area thing, or if it is going on all over the country.

vampjaded

Asked by vampjaded at 9:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My mother works for the health Dept. and they have to watch it at work.. so do the kids at school
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• what inguration?
    Anonymous

• I think my kids school is closed that day but I will be at work.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Nope. Going to work just like any other day of the week.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I'll be at work too
    FORCEOFGRAVITY

Answer by FORCEOFGRAVITY at 9:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• schools closing for an inauguration?? crazy talk! they've never done it before, why now? besides, they'll just have to make up for it by staying in longer in may/june..like a snow day, i guess. i bet some parents will be upset, come summertime, knowing their vacation plans will be put off. i will be working, as usual, just like any day. however, i'm taking my niece to see a short production of 'junie b jones' stories that evening..should prove to be more fun!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Nah! I have to work so 47% of Americans who DON'T pay taxes can continue living the lifestyle they grown accustomed to!
    Anonymous

• I never take a day off nor would I for the inauguration. Our schools here have decided to trade inauguration day for another they had already scheduled off so it doesn't effect them in the end....just switches it around.
    Anonymous

• Our schools are closed calling it a teacher work day, BUT I live in an area that has a very high black population and this is the first year ever, a teacher work day has been scheduled after MLK Monday. Who knows.
    Anonymous

• thats stupid why would they close stuff for it ? why would people not go to work ? not like the dumb A$$ is gonna give you that money for work that you should had gotten
    Anonymous