Did/does anyone's children cry in their sleep(8 months old)and theyre unconsolable?

My daughter is 8 months old & she has only done this about 3 times, but it'll be like 2 in the morning and she'll have been asleep for 4 or 5 hours & she just starts crying, like screaming crying, and she wont wake up & nothing will soothe her....ANY help will be appreciated.

Avasmommy17

Asked by Avasmommy17 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like night terrors. I'm not positive though. It could be physical as well (reflux). Ask her doc
    Nicole27

Answer by Nicole27 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• my 7 month old scream and cry's until he gets a bottle and this is the middle of the night it can be so scary
    Anonymous

• Sounds like night terrors. I think the best thing to do is just hold her until she stops let her feel you there. And make sure you talk to the doc about it also in case there is an underlying problem.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• my 4 year old has been doing this since he was 5 months old, it really scared me at first and still does.he screams for sometimes 15 min. andf freaks when you talk or try to touch him he always just ends up falling back asleep, i have talked to the doc a number of times about it and we cant figure out why, now that he is 4 he can sometimes remember and sometimes he doesnt. every night we read happy stories and talk about good stuff.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• mine laugh.
    that sounds like night terror. try laying down wiht her and talking to her hwile she sleeps. or you may have to give her a tap on the leg or somethign to wake her up. i've been through it with my sister.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2008