Dry hair! Help!!!

My hair is extremely dry and it looks it. I've tried so many hair products. I put a heat protector and smoothing creme on it every day but nothing helps. My hair is only shoulder length and pretty thin but its been processed a lot. And when I get the dead dry ends cut off in a couple of days they look just the same. Can anyone help me?

JoonBug21

Asked by JoonBug21 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• My hair is the same way. It never looks healthy--even when it's chemical free and natural.

Go to a salon and get a hot oil treatment a couple times a month and see if that helps any. They aren't expensive at all.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• You can do your own hot oil treatment too. Heat up a cup of olive oil (warm). Pour on dry hair all over, concentrate on the roots. Then put a shower cap on. The radiant heat from your head will help it to soak in. Leave for about 10 minutes. Wash out with a moisturizing shampoo and use a moisturizing conditioner. It REALLY helps!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• what i do is warm up Olive Oil and add it to my shampoo whil ein the shower leave it in for about 3 mins then rinse it out and add conditioner rinse, and repeat it at least twice a week. It helps!
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• do you wash your hair everyday? if yes, try washing it every 2 days. the natural oils will come through.
    a deep conditioner 2x's a week is good too.
    oliveoyl214

Answer by oliveoyl214 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have went to cosmetology school don't wash your hair everyday and when you do try and let it dry on it's own as much as possible if you do use a hair dryer use a good blow dry lotion on hair before u blow dry it go to a professional salon and get the Biosilk products thet are wonderful for all hair types and deffintally get the Biosilk Silk therapy apply a small amount to hair when wet it gives u alot of nutrient to the hair and shine keep ends trimmed and don't use any of the hair color unless it's profesionally done. Stay away from bleach thats a big no no if u get highlights they can use color and not bleach thats the worst for any hair.Good luck It takes time to get healthy hair but it can happen in time. P.S. treat your self to a deep condition at the salon once in a while tell them u want one with a scalp massage with it u will fall in love.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I agree with everyone else! Olive oil works good, but I use it for cooking, lol.. I use hot oil treatments from the beauty supply store, or target! I used to have dry hair, but now it's getting healthier and that's from using Head & Shoulders Shampoo, and Leave in conditioners!
    aniyasm

Answer by aniyasm at 11:46 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I have the same problem...I had to chop all my hair off and it is still horrible. My hair was falling out!! Switch to professional products...it will make a big difference...also don't wash your hair everyday...wet and conditioner....Hot oil treatment or deep conditioning treatments....works wonders.
    bellasmommy09

Answer by bellasmommy09 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• What shampoo and conditioner do you use. Use professional products. The walmart kinds aren't the best. My suggestion would be the Joico K-pak shampoo and treatment cond. Also, try the biosilk silk therapy . Put it on while hair is damp and then blow dry. Don't get the dryer too close to hair. And try to let air dry as much as possible before blow drying. And then like once or twice a week, put a deep conditioner in and sit under a hair dryer for 5 minutes. If don't have one of those dryers, heat up a warm wet towel or put it in the dryer for a while. The heat helps the condirtioner. Good Luck. i don't personally have dry hair, mine is extremely oily, but i knew a lady whos hair always look fried,and she didn't color it. I always wanted to get my hands on it. haha
    Anonymous

• You know Loreal Has some New Hair products for Dry Hair & Extrremly Dry Hair! It even has Bee Balm in it!! Its in the Yellow Bottles! Its not that Expensive! Sometimes Loreal is Buy one Get one Free At Walgreens or so!! You may like it! Hope this Helps some!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:42 PM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I love the Dove conditioners. And the aussie clay one? fab. Don't blow dry your hair as much, and as an OP mentioned, wash it onely once or twice a week.
    Anonymous