My baby doesn't smile or laugh as much as I think/wish she would......

She is 4 1/2 mo. old and we get a chuckle out of her every once in a while and she does smile but we really have to work at it. My first baby smiled all the time at everyone. This one just looks at you like you aren't doing anything! Does this mean she will have more of a DRY personality? My first is still all smiles and full of life. I know they are all different but I feel like she isn't a happy baby. And I don't know why she wouldn't be. We love on her and play with her all day!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had 3 nieces that smiled and the 4th one didn't. They are all perfectly normal and healthy. I wouldn't worry too much about it yet.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 4:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2012

• try not too worry maybe she's just more chill. which is not a bad thing
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 4:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2012

• My Son was like that. Very Serious baby. He was never even really happy to see my DH come home from work when he was an infant. Now he's 5 & he's the life of the party but still very serious at times. He is a very responsible child too. I only realized this since my baby daughter was born & smiled from day one. She is miss party girl & just wants to be carried around to laugh & dance to music. Every baby is so different but don't worry she may just be an old little soul who's been here on earth a few times. That's what I think about my Son & I think my Daughter just landed on this planet for the first time! LOL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2012

• You have nothing at all to worry about. Every baby is different. She may just be more serious. I truly think that we are born with inherited personality traits.

carsonoliviamom

Answer by carsonoliviamom at 5:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2012

• Every baby is different, maybe try different things to make her laugh... Or maybe she is more quizitive & wants to learn about her new world, try walking around with her & talk to her about things..
    My dd was not all smiley & giggly either..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2012

• She may just be the dry wit of the family. I wouldn't worry about it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:07 AM on Jan. 11, 2012