anyone elses so have a erotic piercing

ok this may be a bit odd question but my so has a erotic piercing down below and i was just wondering if maybe that it could be causing me to have so many kidney infections and yeast infections has anyone else had these problems im 22 weeks should i make him take it out when we do anything or is it ok

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is it healed?
    Anonymous

• It shouldn't. You are probably getting the yeast infections from the pregnancy (that's the only time I get them), as far as the kidney infections..make sure you empty ur bladder before and after sex.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• my SO does.. and i did till my LO... yeast infections I agree could be from pregnancy along with bladder infections.. both suck.. but make sure he is really cleaning in and around the piercing! this may be TMI but my honey takes his out washes it with peroxide and sticks it back in after sex to make sure there aren't any ...remnants.... =) Hope this helps!
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 10:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yeast infections are common with pregnancy because of the increased discharge. The best advice I heard that worked was not wearing underwear all the time so that you are "breathing." As for the kidney infections, drink more water and go to the bathroom more often (crazy I know).
    Anonymous

• I would say it could cause the kidney infections because it can hold the bacteria and either take it out or make sure you keep it really clean. Just remember having the infection can make you go into preterm labor.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• he has had it for over a year they said with the kidney infection it could go in too the blood stream and kill the baby so they kept me in the hospital for a while too get iv meds never thought to ask about his piercing lol
    Anonymous

• I dated a guy in 2007 with a jacobs ladder. For some reason his piercings scraped me and I didn't know it for quite awhile. Ended up with PID.
    It could cause infections since bacteria can still lurk in the healed hole and not affect him. I'd start making sure he at least washes right before sex thoroughly and see if that helps. Bring it up to the doc too. Embarrassing at times I know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jan. 14, 2009