omg

my 2 year old just told my daughter 'fuck that.' should i put hot sauce in his mouth? or soap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Spank that bottom..but that's just me. And more importantly..FIND out where he heard it. Tell him that was a bad saying and he is not to say it.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• haha i told my daughter the other day stop being a brat n she said you know what ..you stop being a brat i put her in time out. lol maybe soap...
    Anonymous

• I would just explain that saying those things is wrong! Maybe a little pop on the butt, but definately nothing more. He's 2!!

I have never attempted to put anything nasty into my children's mouths.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• A 2 year old doesn't know what it means, but he sure got it from somewhere. If you want to "pop" someone on the mouth or put hot sauce on someone's tongue, find the source and deal with it there, but not a 2 year old who only REPEATS what he HEARS.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• explain that it not a nice word and that he shouldnt use it. Dont make to much of a deal out of it because if he gets your attention negative or otherwise he will continue to use it for the sake of getting your attention.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 11:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• If he is only 2 he has no idea what that means, he probably just heard someone say it and decided to repeat it... all I would do is tell him that is a bad word and the next time he says it he will get a time out (or whichever form of discipline you use)
    AverysMommy5

Answer by AverysMommy5 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Your 2yr old heard it from some where???Hes not to blame.

times3mom

Answer by times3mom at 11:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• hot sause or soap? i hope your kidding. and a 2 year old should never hear that word. my son has never heard a cuss word.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Discipline the adult who is cursing around your two-year-old. Two-year-olds are learning sponges, and they emulate adults that they admire. Tell the adult potty-mouth to stop cursing in your child's presence, or keep your child out of that person's presence.
    drteresa

Answer by drteresa at 12:50 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• By the time you came here to ask, it's too late to discipline. He's not going to have a clue what he did.

Find out who said it in front of your toddler and discipline THEM.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2009