Ok, so like what do you do when your mom finds out and she tells you that you can't live with her?

I'm a minor and she is legally my gaurdian.My boyfriend lives with his mom and he too is a minor until april.

LaQuetta

Asked by LaQuetta at 10:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in About CafeMom

• You may be a minor and she may be your legal guardian, but....well, she can "give you up" to the state if she wants. She can declare you "unruly"...there's plenty of things she can do.....they all involve you not staying with her.

You made an adult decision to have sex. You became pregnant. She could even try to have you declared emancipated....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• So you are pregnant..?
    Idk hunny.. are you able to stay with a family member? or friend.. ever the boyfriend?
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• When your mom finds out what??
    Anonymous

• my mom finds out that im pregnant
    LaQuetta

Answer by LaQuetta at 10:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• do you have a friend or relative to stay with... will the bf's parents help out? how old are you? If you are under 18... legally your mom can't kick you out... but if you feel it is for the best, your mom can sign a form... go to your social services office and they will help you with housing, benefits, child care, schooling, etc... also make sure you go to wic... if you need to talk more feel free to message me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Go to social services and talk with them. Legally your mom must provide for you until she emancipates you or turns you over to social services. If that's the case since you made an adult decission then you're going to have to keep making them. Things like where to live, eat, provide for your child, etc. Social services should be able to help you there.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:32 PM on Jan. 14, 2009