Question specifically for Moms 30+

Ok, Moms that are 30+, be honest, when young Moms, like teens or early 20's, who still have very young children, think they know it all, does it drive you a little nuts? I'm not saying they have nothing of value to offer, but life experience is truely the greatest teacher! I think back on myself at that age-- I thought I was SO MATURE for my age, but now I think, "oh, girl, you didn't have a clue!" I would never be mean to a young mom, but a lot of times when they are talking, I think, "yeah, come back and see me in about 10 years and we'll see if you still think you know it all!" I've really grown to appreciate the ones who realize that they don't know it all and that the counsel of older Moms is a very valuable thing. Wish I had realized it at that age! I realize it now, and often seek the wisdom of those older than me who've been where I haven't been yet! What about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you. I'm very nearly 29, and already I have to shake my head at some of the things I thought at 18, or 21 when I had my first child. I researched like mad, but some things just can't be learned out of a book. Life experience is invaluable.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• idc if its specifically for moms 30 +.
    A lot has changed from years ago. Things that were okay then could not be okay now. and I educate myself VERY much before i ever give advice on anything. I do my research and learn before opening my mouth.
    Anonymous

• that was not intended to be rude if it came off that way.
    Anonymous

• any mother that pretends to know everything drives me crazy i have two teens and a one year old and i don't know it all
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I had a son at 19 and then one at 26 and wow what a diff!!! Iam in my thirtys and still dont know it all~ I do remb though being 19 and having ppl try to tell what kind of parent to be. And I hated that. But, it wouldnt bug me on here if a younger mom gave me advice... its great to get other ppls op! NOONE likes a MISS know it all......
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Noone thinks they know it all. Get over it. Everyone here is a mother or soon to be mother and they are learning with all their new experiences as I am sure you are still learning with your new experiences. I dont think anyone is saying "Im a young mother and I know it all" so why even ask this question ? How old were you when you had your kids ?
    Anonymous

• Yes and no.
    When it comes to parenting, they know as much as I do... or as little! :)
    When it comes to so many other things, yes. I just want to cry when I hear the same lame junk coming out of their mouths that came out of mine years ago. Every generation seems to think that their generation was so much different than the ones before. But the older I get, the more I see it just isn't true. We are all idiots. I was an idiot in my early 20's. I'm sure women 20 years older than me now think I'm STILL an idiot.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• WOW No matter what a person ask... some person has to make it out to be an arguement! Im outta high school but man the drama follows..... SASSY pants are all around!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I am a new mother over 30 and I don't know anything. I come here to CafeMom for advise and thank God I have this site. I don't think age has anything to do with being a mother. I'm sure some of the advise I have received was from a young mother and I used it. I do agree with Mothers that Know it all get on my nerves but they come in every age. I just wanted to confess that I am a old mother that know nothing....lol. Thanks to all the mom at whatever age for all your advise.

jepelican

Answer by jepelican at 10:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• " that was not intended to be rude if it came off that way."

Nope, I did not take it as being rude.
    Anonymous