New mom here! HELP! My 9 month old son.....

Earlier today, I was changing my 9 month old sons' diaper and I noticed that he had an erection. Do they really start having these this EARLY??? It kinda surprised me, because I wasn't aware that this happened so early! Does it?....When did your son start?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This question made me smile because I was also shocked when I discovered my son's little wee wee fully erect! My son had erections right from birth. He is now 15 months old and still gets them. All I can say is, boys will be boys, no matter what age!
    IsaacMom2007

Answer by IsaacMom2007 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• lolol. calm down sweetheart! totally normal! my son was less than two months when he had his first one. My nephew was somewhere around 4 months. it's nothing dirty so don't feel perverted cleaning him....it's just a cause and effect thing really. if it bothers you, you can ask daddy to clean baby for a while...lol good luck! and congrats on the boy and his "working anatomy" lol
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I don't know for sure when my son started having them but it was way before 9 months. They're perfectly normal. I know he started having them before he started rolling over on his own so he was pretty young. You might want to be careful though because my son always gets them right before he pees. Found that one out the hard way, just the other day I got peed on, got pee all over a couch cushion, and all over a blanket laying across the couch.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 10:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• it's totally normal...happens when they're about to pee, or if their diaper rubs them a certain way, or for no reason at all...it just happens.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• yea, forgot they do tend to pee when they're up and at em, lol
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I'm surprised you made it to 9 months! Yep, it's normal.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• lol @ kaycee... my lilman had his from birth... I just laughed thje firstt time.. but the second time I got peed on so I learned pretty dang quick how to change a diaper FAST!
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 11:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• it may seem a little weird to you but it is normal. My son is 4 months old and every once in awhile when I change him i notice he has an erection and it started when he was like 2 months old. I also helped my mother raise my little brothers when they were babys and I could never forget when I seen my baby brother with one because I was 14 myself and couldnt understand why my brothers penis was like that haha so yeah I'm postive its normal.
    Amander

Answer by Amander at 11:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• lol ya its normal i dont have a boy but i have worked in daycares lol the first one i worked in there was a little boy that did that and i was like hey now and i got told that just like all men/boys they can see or fill something that just makes it happen little boys dont know the difference hey thats the good thing lol
    happymama7

Answer by happymama7 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• i ment they are not doing just because like most men ya know
    happymama7

Answer by happymama7 at 12:50 AM on Jan. 14, 2009