Why would you go out of your way to hurt someone's feelings?

Why do some people go out of their way to hurt someones feelings? So, someone is annoying. They can't spell, their grammar is horrid, and to top it off they talk about things they clearly know nothing about. Why do you need to go all out and insult them? Why do some even start insulting the person's children?

What does it do for you? Do you think if you tell them how ugly and gross they are they will suddenly stop being ugly? Do you think if you tell them how ugly their child is they will think "Yup, they're right, my kid is an uggo. Guess I'll trade him in for a prettier one" Do you think putting down a person for their personal beliefs will make them suddenly believe differently? Do you think rudely attacking a person's typing skills, grammar and/or spelling will make them go take a class?

Kerfuffle

Asked by Kerfuffle at 10:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Or does it make you feel better to know you could have just made someone cry? Does it help you feel superior when you know you can crush someone? Yes I know it;s the internet.... words on a screen.... people shouldn't be so sensitive. But, really? What does it accomplish?
    Kerfuffle

Answer by Kerfuffle at 10:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• this is an on going thing on cafemom i dont know what people try to prove. they are miserable so they have to make everyone else miserable also
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• They're bullies and think they need to make themselves feel superior.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think people unfortunately just dont care. How sad is that?
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 10:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yay Kerfuffle! You hit the nail on the head. So many people are just vicious beasts. Sadly the horrid people who do that don't care and are happy to be parasites who suck the joy out of humanity.
    Anonymous

• Some of these females or people ( they might not be all over 18 or female)remind me of highschool girls. The ones that picked on every one.

Whatever. OK

They probably are in high school.

The one thing I can say.

Is it will not stop me from comming on cafemom and trying to help people.

Answer by louise2 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i would say all above!!!! i suck at typing sometimes and i admit!!! i am not a very good grammer...
    oh well with the rude big meanies,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I think the typing one is absolutely ridiculous to. It's just mean! .... being a journalism major, my eyes are trained to see everything wrong and even what I don't want to see. But I don't insult people because of it. As long as I know what point they're trying to make I really don't care. There have been times that I have had to honestly tell someone that I just can't read what they wrote because it's been that bad before. But it is never to be mean. I've actually asked them to edit a little or put spaces between their paragrahs because I'd like to read what they are concerned about. But correcting some one just to be mean is just juvenile. I just try to stay out of the bickering.
    PorcelainMom81

Answer by PorcelainMom81 at 3:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Internet Gangsters....I do not understand what is with some people...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:16 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I never go out of my way to hurt someones feelings. No friend, no enemy, no one. It does me no good, nor anyone else. :)
    Lillyanna444

Answer by Lillyanna444 at 9:52 AM on Jan. 14, 2009