Ok so when is it ok

So i got a positive on my ovulation kit on the 6t of January. Hubby and I BD on that night. So when could I take a test? Period is not due until the 18th I believe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You ovulate 24-48 hours after your positive opk. So you ovulated on January 6th. A majority of people can get a positive test with concentrated urine 11 days past ovulation. So Saturday the 17 I would test using first morning urine. then after that i would wait a few more days. Good luck.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i would wait until your period is ATLEAST a week late. any earlier then that and the hormone levels may be too low to give an accurate reading. I wasted lots of money on tests i took too early so i always try to forewarn people not to get too anxious like i did lol. so be patient and wait until youre late and try then, and get a pack of three, that way if it comes out negative, try in a few days after that again
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• You won't waste money if you get the dollar tests from the dollar tree. They're proven to be as good as the expensive ones. You can test the first day of the missed period with those.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• ok first dont spend you money on the ovulation kits. They are a waste of money. I tried for 18 months with those things. I finally seeked help! I went to Shady Grove Fertility Center (ranked #2 in the country i do believe) and they said they are a waste. The only way they can test positive is when you have already ovulated! the only way to be really sure when you will ovulate is blood test. but anyways, they also told me that you NORMALLY ovulate on the 14th day of your cylce day 1 being the first day of flow. So to cover your basis you want to have sex every other day from day 10 to day 20. Then you can normally test two weeks after your ovulation day, but it may not show up. It depends on your levels. good luck!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 9:35 AM on Jan. 14, 2009