who's wrong?

okay so my daughter has a chem. prject. she has been doin with another person since beginning of the year. the other girl said she could do the one part of the project on her own. so this evening around six my daughter asked if i would take her in town (we live in the country and weather is bad) i had just gotten home from picking up hubby at work and was in for the evening. i told her no and she said the other girl didnt know what she was doin and she needed to go help her. wellthis project wasnt an over night thing am i wrong for not taking her in bad weather at the spur of the moment?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had to do this w/ds...let him fall on his butt to learn that his grades are is responsibility. I can help but I'm not going to be the responsible one, stick to your guns mama.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• No you're not wrong. I don't like to drive in bad weather when I don't have to. If your daughter knew about this project ahead of time then she should have planned it better.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• No, if they had since the beginning of the year to work on it, it shouldn't have taken the other girl about 5 months to start the project. Can't she find out at school tomorrow?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• No, maybe the other girls mother should have brought her to your home. Maybe this will teach them a lesson on how to work together next time.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• She should have asked you beforehand like when you left to get your hubby. my parents would have told me no way... and I am pretty sure I would tell my kids no.. its a lesson in consideration...
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 10:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• NO, you are not wrong! I think you are teaching your daughter a good lesson in responsibility and accountability! Kudos to you! Too many parents give in and that is why we have a generation of kids who think the world revolves around their every whim!  Stand tough, Mama!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• well that is what i thought also. it was a project that they are getting graded on tomorrow though. there was six parts too it and the other girl doesnt know wht she is doing now all of the sudden. my daughter is a straight A student and now this is going to affect her grade.

jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Nope. I think you need to stick to your guns on this.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yeah its the other girls fault. Maybe you can try calling her teacher and explaining the circumstances. That your daughter did her part and the other girl did nothing. Maybe she'll put into consideration how well of a student your daughter is and give her a partial grade instead of a zero for it being incomplete.

Good luck on it... i know how that feels i remember a student did that to me in middle school :(
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i thought aabaout that but they are juniors and my daughter also has the responsibility of making sure shit is done
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2009