My Five Year Anniv...Not a lot of money...what to do?!

It our five year comming up in a couple weeks, I was wondering what would be the best thing to do when we don't have a lot of cash as a gift? We're going to dinner and a movie and the boy is going to G-parent's for the night, but I'd like a special gift for him!!!!

Musical-Monkey

Asked by Musical-Monkey at 6:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• I found it!!!!!! Yesturday, we were at his work for this safety fair the were having for the employees, TONS of fun, and they had some vendors there selling things.

They had a message place that offers discounts for employees!! It's WAY cheap!!! ABout the price it would be for us to go to dinner...so I'm setting us up for a couple's massage, and she's going to throw in sparkling cider and choclate straberries!!! yum!!! :-)
    Musical-Monkey

Answer by Musical-Monkey at 2:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• What's wrong with just going on a date? That's what my hubby and I did. The point is to celebrate the day you got married. Maybe you could go somewhere that has special meaning to you both. Or you could special order a thong or boy short undies that say Mike's wife or I love Mike.
    RomancebyAngela

Answer by RomancebyAngela at 7:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• How about writing him a love letter, or a love poem
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 7:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Congrats for of all to making to the 5 year mark. My idea to give your husband a gift that requires little money is this. Give him a bubble bath, which men like it alot when the woman gives them a bath. give him a massage, make a memorable night. Or get him a card that explains how you feel about him and something that you know that he would like that isn't alot of money.

I know I got my husband a watch for our 5th anniversary and he got me a ring. Overstock.com has great deals btw.
    sahmof3

Answer by sahmof3 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I recently had a bunch of family pictures (mostly really great candids) enlarged and mounted on canvas for hubby. www.propicsexpress.com does this really inexpensively. He loves the special pictures, and I have fun picking out the ones that I think he'll like.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• If he reads, get him a great book. My husband's fav book is one my brother got him for Christmas a few years back with lots of info and photos about the Appalachians (his home).

For our upcoming anniversary (6 yrs) I got him a book on Irish-Scots history. (The appalachians were first inhabited by these folks, so it's his heritage too). Not fancy, but we don't have a lot of money either.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Thanks all!! I REALLY like the photo one!! I think that would be fun to get a family one done or get a sexy pose one done just for him! *blushes* we'll see if I have the courage for that one!!!
    Musical-Monkey

Answer by Musical-Monkey at 6:01 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Something homemade is from the heart.
    KlieneMutter

Answer by KlieneMutter at 11:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i like the photo idea too. or one year i framed the recipt from our first date. he had saved it and i found it. i put it in a shadow box withe the ticket stubs and stuff.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 2:17 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

HE actually did that for valentine's day...we saw How To Lose a Guy in Ten Days...he kepts the stubs for five years! :-)
    Musical-Monkey

Answer by Musical-Monkey at 6:27 AM on Jul. 19, 2008