when can you give a baby boy his first hair cut?

singlemama521

Asked by singlemama521 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have been wondering the same thing. My son is now 15 months old and his hair is starting to get a little fuzzy :)
    IsaacMom2007

Answer by IsaacMom2007 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• anytime you want too. Don't believe in old wise tales do you? It is hair.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 10:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My son got his hair cut last Wednesday (he's 13 months today) I just took him to Walmart and they did a good job on his hair. He sat perfectly still and the lady that did his hair was really good with him. She even gave him a little mohawk that I love, I always put his hair in a mohawk when he was younger.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 10:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• As soon as it needs it.
    Some kids get their first cut before they are 6 months old! It just depends on how long it is and what you can tolerate.

I do suggest finding someone who cuts children's hair.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My oldest is nearly 3 and never had a haircut lol. It wasn't intentional, he only had peach fuzz for almost 18 mos! But since it's so long now, we're going to let it grow until the summer and chop it for locks of love/wigs for kids something like that. Firgure it's all ready over halfway there, may as well let it be cut for a good cause. Baby hasn't had a haircut yet either.
    mamma84

Answer by mamma84 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• And the lovely, perfect curls is why we didn't want to cut it after it grew lol. Figured I may as well answer that before it's asked :-)
    mamma84

Answer by mamma84 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My son is six and his hair has never been cut (intentional) but it will be soon cuz I'm tired of braiding it for school.
    majesticchild

Answer by majesticchild at 10:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Mine got his first hair cut about a month ago - 19 months old. It was just getting WAY out of control. He looks like a little boy now... SO SAD!!!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• im not gonna cut my sons hair until just before he starts school,which isnt for another 3 1/2 years.. give or take......its all up to you..the parent..
    lil_akangel

Answer by lil_akangel at 3:34 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Each of our sons had their first cut before they were a year old.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2009