Car insurance ?

I was wondering why geico needs my husbands dl#? I didn't add him to my policy, I just got married in oct. You see, he hasn't had a license in ten years. Had it suspended when he was 18 and never paid the money to reinstate it. Public transportation is wonderful. So why do they need it if he doesn't have it and doesn't drive?

aeemom

Asked by aeemom at 10:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't know why either. Just say he doesn't have one.
    Anonymous

• I tried that but they said he had one at one time because it was suspended and you keep the number for life
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 10:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• tell them that as of right now he doesnt have a license and the one he had before is now expired and it is against the law to keep an expired ID on hand therefore you do not have it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It is because he resides with you and has access to the car. Since you are married they figure he will at one time or another drive the car....
    Anonymous

• If your married, they require both to be on the policy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• ALL drivers in the residence have to be filed on the policy, whether they plan on driving or not.
    If you still have his license number you need to provide it even if it is suspended. If it is expired then I would get a letter from DMV stating that fact and send it to the insurance company for their records.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:53 AM on Jan. 16, 2009

• And I should clarify......all LICENSED drivers in the residence.
    PrydferthMenyw