flying for the first time any tips?

me and my husband are flying from boston to orlando in a few weeks. we will be flying on delta airlines both ways. it will be just the 2 of us no kids. my husband has flown internationally before and tells me its nothing to be afraid of. I have never flown and am excited yet terrified at the same time. does anyone have any tips to calm my nerves and make my flight enjoyable? also what should I expect at the airport? any info or advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Princess87

Asked by Princess87 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Travel

• I bring a fluffy pillow and word search/cross word puzzels. I like flying. My ears pop though when we go up and then land.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 10:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Liquor will calm your nerves. Just joking. When I flew for the first time I was a reck. but i found out it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The only part I hate still is the taking off and landings. They make me feel funny. Not sick, just funny feeling.  Just buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Answer by louise2 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• chew a wad of gum on take off and landing it will help with the ear popping
    emexmom

Answer by emexmom at 10:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• carry a purse with a long strap so that you can keep it kinda like a mailbag... sorta across your chest, and in front of you.. i keep my tickets on the inside pocket.. along with drivers license, and if international, my passport. Take a small bottle of lotion... and definitly some banana boat aloe lip balm.. its the best... lips will get dry in the plane.. also, when you sit down, look for the exits.. and then turn on your air.. they might turn it off on the taxi out, but it will be full blast when you take off.. ask for a blanket.. take your own earplugs.. i travel alot... also if you have layover, take a book.. gum, etc. if you need anything else, msg me.. if you go to Disneyworld.. give mickey a kiss and tell him I'll see him next year!!!
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Take a book to read...or a magazine or mp3. Chew gum from the minute you get on the plane and don't stop chewing until you land. The first time not knowing about the gum thing, my ears popped all through out the trip, the next time I knew better so I chewed gum and no problem, although I could feel a tiny bit were they were popping but it wouldn't hurt. Good luck and just be calm and don't worry and the time will FLY BY :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jan. 18, 2009