Real Estate Question..Pls help!!

I have a condo listing in Illinois for rent or to own with an agent. I wanted to cancel the listing before the contract expired in May. She told me that I would need to pay her MLS fees of $350.00 (one for the sale listing and one for the rental listing,) is that true? What do you recommend that I do? Am I legally bound to her?

MaiasMommy619

Asked by MaiasMommy619 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• I only know that if you were to sell it or rent it on your own while you were still under contract, you would still have to pay her commission as if she sold it. There are penalties for doing stuff like cancelling out the contract, but you'd think she'd give you a break and only charge you for one listing!
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Check the contract you signed--it probably is in the fine print. And hw1977 is right on the commission.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for you help ladies!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 14, 2009