Will my dog be okay?

I want some positive reinforcement here.. nothing bad.. So, if you have horror stories, don't post them.. I don't want to go to jail tonight. I have to go out of town and had to board my doggy... He is at the groomers where he normally goes. They also board dogs. Tonight is the first night and I am crying. Yes, I am crying. All I can think of it that he thinks I have abandoned him. Please tell me I am wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pets

• everything is going to be fine!! i dont know if you watch the "dog whisperer" but im a huge fan of that ahow and i highly recommend it! one thing the star on that show always says is thatdogs are not people. as much as we like to think our dogs miss us, they really dont. dogs live in the moment. right now hes excited about new smells, and new friends. Of course your dog loves you, but one thing you have to remember is that dogs are not people. they do not hold grudges. he will love this experience, and the moment you return he will be thrilled to see his pack leader again, and at no point will he have any anger at all to you!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Well, even if your dog is sad right now, he will forget the moment you return. We never really know what they're thinking. I had to board my dogs a few times and they were so excited when I came to pick them up. He'll be fine and if this is a groomer he knows, then he is familiar with the people. Don't worry . . . he'll be fine.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I'm sure everything will be fine, I'm guessing that your dog already knows the groomers and or the people who will be taking care of him. He will probably miss you but will handle it. Dogs are loyal and the don't hold a grudge. Think about how happy he'll be when you can make it back to him!
    Anonymous