So how long does it actually take for sperm to meet egg? How long is the sperm's actually journey? LOL

Weird question, but my hubby and I did the BD last nite and nite before and all day at work I been getting very low cramps. I never usually get cramps ever so its sorta odd. I figured maybe its just ovulation?? (the ovulation calendar said from the 13th thru the 18th I should be fertile and ovulate the 17th.) The 17th might or might not be accurate b/c I only been off the pill since October. One or two days wouldn't be long enough for sperm to meet egg if there was one present right? Ahh I am so confused. I think we'll just keep trying and I'll find out on the 31st!!!

BLoNdIe121679

Asked by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• How long is the sperm's actual journey I meant to say in the title haha
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• it only takes an hour at the most for sperm to reach the end of the ride. They can live up to 5 days though. Also if you abstain from sex for the few days before you are fertil it will build up the sperm.hope this helps good luck
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 11:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• oh yea we haven't got down in like two weeks up until last nite and the nite before lol
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 12:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2009