• In the Spotlight:

When your baby started crawling, how long was it before they walked?

My dd is 7 1/2 mths.old and has started crawling but she also can pull herself up on things to stand up. I'm curious as to the gap between crawling and walking.

pinkclover

Asked by pinkclover at 10:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah there is really no way to tell, every child develops at their own pace
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:51 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My son started crawling at 8 months, pulling up on things the next day, and just started walking by himself without holding onto anything today. He's 13 months today.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 10:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My daughter crawled at 6 months, started pulling to stand 2 days later, was a solid cruiser by 7 months, and was finally willing to let go at 10 months.

There is no way to judge the "gap". Some kids are happy to crawl for a long time. Some get that needed confidence to let go quickly. No matter which your daughter does - hang on to your hat! The days of knowing she's safely playing on a blanket in the living room while you run to pee are OVER!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• That all depends on the child. My two oldest started crawling at five months and they started to walk as soon as they turned one. My youngest she was crawling at four months and walking at 7 months. She is my adventurous and dare devil. There is no stopping her, so it all depends on the child. Some are more independent then others.
    SimplyCreative

Answer by SimplyCreative at 10:51 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• 4 months for our little girl, 6 months for our son.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• 5 1/2 mouths for my son and now at 9 is takeing 5 to 6 steps on his way to walking
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• my son crawled at 6 months. walked without help, and without holding on at 8 months.
    revigue

Answer by revigue at 12:10 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My son started scooching at 2 months, walking with help at 4 months, attempted standing alone at 4 months, pulls self up at 6 months, crawling at 7 months, cruising at 8 months, and then walking alone at 8 months.
    vpsmama

Answer by vpsmama at 2:51 PM on Jan. 14, 2009