MEN! ughghhh

Idk if im the only one but are there other women out there whos men are stuck in the 60's? Im talkin about those men who expect women to be home all the time no fun with the baby? I swear when i choose to have a kid i didnt think my life would be totally over. I have no problem raising my daughter and being home with her and feeding her and goin to bed early because i have to get up early but ya know i still deserve time off right? I dont think the one night i would like to go out i should have to find a sitter. If he;s home why cant he watch her? Wanna know his answer? because I shouldnt be going out with my friends! ughh. is there anyone else out there who has a man like that? no bashing i love him this just makes me mad no reason to tell me to leave ladies lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• my friends man is like that it makes me sick the way he treats her
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I don't have this problem. I had a girls night out last weekend--and SO stayed home with our DD. Don't know what to tell you. I would like to stay home--but yes you need a break and other people to talk to. Good lcuk.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• No mine would stay home with the kids if i wanted a night out!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i'm a SAHM, my hubbs wouldn't dare say anything like that to me, he trie when we were first married and being at home was a living hell for him.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 11:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Everyone needs a break. Is he objecting to the activity you have selected for the time off (e.g. bar hopping)? Would he watch the baby if you went to a spa, for example? Does he pay for the sitter? I need details.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• mine was the same way untill we start going to church now he let me do the thing I like to do or have to do sometime. Does he trust you?
    Jad30

Answer by Jad30 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I'm the OP.

Its a friends birthday at her house with some girlfriends. My sitters dont charge me but none are free that night . && no anytime i want to myself i must find her a sitter for he will not watch her by himself even if it was a spa. Let alone watch her at all. [[ I mean he'll keep her if im in the shower but thats about it]]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• && yes if anything he's the one not trusted in our relationship. He never got those teenage partying years out of him i guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Could it be that he's kind of afraid to be alone with the baby for a long time? I had that issue with my dh when each of the boys were babies. He just didn't know how to deal with them! If I mentioned leaving them with him, you could see him panic!

If your dh is doing it to control you or doesn't want you to have friends, then that's not right and you definately need to talk to him about it. You should be able to have a break every now and then just like him! Good luck!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• my bf and i share the view that families where better when that was the family structure, mom home with kids and dad taking care of them, we love the idea of "traditional" roles however i do think he is taking it to the extreme by not watching the baby when you need time away, i do kinda agree with him if your talking about going to a bar with the girls, but like drinks at app;ebees or shopping would be a good way to get out i personally dont see the need to go to a bar or club without my man i wouldnt want him going with out me just because most ppl going out with the girls or men going out with the boys they are single and looking to hook up
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 4:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2009