Bad or molded drinking water? Pregnant!!!

Ok I have looked every where and i cant find a answer to this... I woke up not feeling well. I keep a bottle of water next to my bed. I have only had this bottle for a month or 2. I rinse it out and refill it every night be for be or through out the day as need. But this morning when woke up i down the bottle and refilled and drank half of it before noticing that it smelled bad. i stoped drinking out of that bottle of course but What I need to know is... I'm 38 weeks pregnant and I want to know if this can harm me or the baby or both?

Alorasmommy

Asked by Alorasmommy at 10:51 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I Think you'll be fine, but instead of just rinsing it you need to be washing it with soap and hot water, even if you have just water in it. Bacteria from your mouth gets into the bottle and there is still bacteria in water, and they will grow in the bottle. It's not something people think about very often.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Was it your tap water?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i dont think it can harm you, at most youll get an upset tummy. but im not a doctor. i would say talk to your doctor tomorrow. if you start feeling ill, or get a fever go to the ER but I highly doubt that will happen. i think you will be fine
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• was it fresh last night?
    i knwo my weater does that it smells funky sometimes in the morning ..
    if your worried try a new bottle that is what i do ..
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i dont think it will hurt you at all.
    Anonymous

• yes it was tap water but we use a Brita water pitcher
    Alorasmommy

Answer by Alorasmommy at 10:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I tried to do a search on it but didn't see anything that matched what you're talking about.  I did find this...interesting...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Pregnant-Women-Shoud-Stop-Drinking-Tap-Water-87123.shtml

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My daughter likes to take a bottle of water to bed with her, and she's noticed if she leaves the same bottle for a few days, it gets that bad smell. I think it is actually the germs from your mouth that cause the odor, but since they are your germs, they will probably not harm you. However, I'd wash it out with bleach water and rinse thoroughly daily from now on, if I were you.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2009