Just a fun question

Just wondering cause I'm nosy. I'm a mom of 3. And My husband and I have deceided that we're pretty complete family wise but if I get pregnant again it would not be the end of the world...so my questions

1. What is the perfect family size for you?

and
2. When do you consider a family too large?

pagirl71

Asked by pagirl71 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• i want a large family- i want 5 kids.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• 2 kids is big enough for me lol i consider 4 or 5 kids a big family
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• A family is too large when you can provide for all of them financially and emotionally. My friend is one of seven and if was very hard on them growing up to not have anything. My husband and I want two. I sometimes wonder about three but then I fell like there would me that middle child syndrome
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 11:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We had only planned on having 2 kids, however my second pregnancy we had twins and we are quite happy...we got our 2 plus a bonus! After that though we decided we were done and my husband was fixed. In todays economy, I think it's tough financially to raise a large family. I would consider anything over 3 to be large.
    mauspond

Answer by mauspond at 11:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I meant can not provide
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 11:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Me and SO haven't made any mutual decisions about adding to our family. To be honest, I only wanted two kids but the second time around I ended up with twins. That of course made three! So now that my family plan has fallen through the cracks, I think i might want one more. However, I'm scared to death of having twins again, so we're actually on the fence about kids... well I am anyway. He wants another later on.
    majesticchild

Answer by majesticchild at 11:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I decided to stop at two. I thought of a third. But never had a third. To me 4 and over is to many. But that is just my opinion.

Answer by louise2 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We thought we were done with 2; one of each. Then 14 years after the second one... SURPRISE! (I was 41) Then 12 mos later...SURPRISE! Now we have 4...daughter (24), son(17), son(3) & daughter(2) And there will be no more!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• A family of three is right for us too.
    Too many kids is when you can't give them the love, attention, and necessities that they need.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We have three kids and stopped there.

I think "too big" depends on the parents. I've seen people who couldn't handle 2, and some that did wonderful with 5 or more. If you have the time to devote to a large family, and the resources, I think it's great.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 14, 2009