They wont stop

My boobs wont stop leaking. I have pads on and it leaks through them in like 10min. I m breastfeeding but she cant take in much at one time. Besides pumping I am getting a pump friday what can I do. they hurt and the leaking is kinda annoying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can express some milk with your hand and take a warm shower, that should help you hand express, but other than pumping and feeding, there not alot you can do
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I agree with the first answer...use your hands to get milk out
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Does that actually work? I mean I knw it will get milk out but will it get enough out to matter?
    Anonymous

• Pumping might actually make it worse - your body will think it needs to make more milk than your baby needs, so you'll continue to leak. If you need to pump to store milk, that's one thing, but if you just need to take the pressure off, express a little by hand, as the others have suggested. Your body will figure out that the baby doesn't need so much and will stop producing so much within a couple of weeks.
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Pumping will not help- it will make you produce more.
    I'm guessing your baby is brand new.
    Give it a few weeks- your supply will even out. Your body produces what your baby needs.. If the engorgment is really bad, put cabbage leaves on your breasts- but for no longer than 15 minutes at a time.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 12:26 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• uh a warm bath and warm rags will kinda help not alot though lol uh cabbage leafs dont do it to often though because it will try to dry up like once every other day unless you fill you need to do it more often and pumping a little by hand want hurt and this may sound gross but pump a little by had in the shower that helps to i was told all this when my daughter was born i was like you and most of this helped oh and yes pumping by hand will get enough out to matter lol and really if your leaking bad well i hope everything goes ok for you
    happymama7

Answer by happymama7 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Your supply will even out.  I know this may sound like it won't help but try putting pressure on your breasts with your hands for a couple of seconds.  It worked for me. 

NuMommy87

Answer by NuMommy87 at 1:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2009