baby eczema treatment?

my two month old daughter has sever eczema and i was wondering if anyone knows any treatment the doctor said no baby oil no kind of oils.

InLoveAlready

Asked by InLoveAlready at 11:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hydrocortizone cream
    aveno's eczema lotion works wonders too!
    Anonymous

• Don't bathe too often (2 times a week is fine for that age with a wipe down when needed). The water shouldn't be too warm because it can dry the skin out more. Use scent-free dye-free soaps, lotions, detergents, and fabric softeners.

For soap and lotion we use Aveeno (or the walmart brand is great too).
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Our doc. prescribed a mild steroid for my dd's when she was younger than 2 mo. It's called Hylira it works great on her skin. We also slather on Aveeno lotions, and use their bath products too. Bath time is as quick as possible. I don't even wash her hair while her body is in the water, I take her out and lie her back to wash her hair.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 11:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• oh my i know the filling and everything they have said does not help my 13month old daughter i dont know about you lol but if you do find something that works could you please let me know because it is very very bad lol sorry i could not help
    happymama7

Answer by happymama7 at 12:25 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My son got excema around 4 months and i only wanted to use natural products. I started rinsing his clothes twice in the washing machine, i stopped using fabric softener and started using vinegar (it's a natural fabric softener and it doesn't make the clothes smell like vinegar). I also bought a natural children's lotion called Borage dry skin therapy, the brand is Shikai. (i got it at a natural food store). it says to use it on children over 6 mths but I used it before that. I put the lotion on his arms and legs 3 times a day and now he's 6 months and his excema is almost completely gone. Also put it on right after you give her a bath. There is safflower oil in the ingredients list but i would rather use natural products than hydrocordisone that is a steroid, like my doctor suggested.
    jenn714

Answer by jenn714 at 12:52 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• My little guy has horrible exzema as well. I was at a loss as what to do. Nothing was working. Our doctor recommended using dove bar soap. It's very mild and has no perfumes or anything. He also said to put vaseline all over his body before bed. We started doing those two things and it's almost totally cleared up. He was waking up itching at night and during nap. It was horrible. This has helped us greatly though. We don't even have to use his prescripition lotion anymore. Give it a try!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 12:53 PM on Jan. 14, 2009