How much does it cost to run a Portable Halogen Light 500 Watt - 24/7

I know you're thinking "Why on earth.....??" Long story, but is there a website maybe where you can plug in figures and it will tell you how much it will cost you to run a Portable Halogen Light 500 Watt?

Works4Mom.com

Asked by Works4Mom.com at 11:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• im actually thinking what the hell is that?
    lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• this site might help, not a calculator but has some decent figures.
    http://theprotagonist5.wordpress.com/2007/11/04/how-much-does-it-cost-to-run-your-appliances/

a 300 watt is $3.50 for 150 hours...
    Anonymous

• A Portable Halogen Light 500 Watt, you mean? You know those lights guys use when they work outside at night, one of those.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 11:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 11:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Well, I don't think that's going to work. Here's what I'm looking at doing, I want to do a vertical garden in my basement. To do that I need light. I was thinking one 500 watt light and tons of mirrors! Less electricity - more light. I need to make it so growing the veggies costs less then purchasing them. If I run a few vicks vaporizers it will warn the plans - I live in Maine and with the light and the mirrors that will be extra warmth. And I'm thinking of pumping the drier heat right into that room. My husband thinks I'm crazy, but he also didn't think I could heat the entire house with vicks vaporizers and only purchase oil once a year! Well it's been a year and a half and we are down to 1/2 a tank!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 11:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Edee,

I read you may pump the dryer heat into that room.....well in my experience, before I had my dryer plumbed in properly and I was living in the UK. If you do that you may end up with damp in the basement (not sure if it would affect the structure of your house)....I always look on the bright side! LOL So you may want to re-think that idea.

In CA it's too hot....there it's too cold. Why didn't God just even it out!.
    Sharron_

Answer by Sharron_ at 11:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2009