Pink eye...accompanied by a sore throat and congestion...???

Ok...a few hours ago before putting my daughter to bed, she said her eye hurt...and when I looked at it, it was red with a little goop in the corner. So I washed it for her and told her not to rub her eyes and if she did touch her eyes that she needed to wash her hands right afterwords. So then about a half hour ago, she woke up crying and when I went to get her, both eyes were stuck shut with goopy stuff and she also has a fever, sore throat and is congested. Her fever is 102.6 and she's in the bathtub now with luke warm water...and I gave her some Children's Tylenol Cold. Does anyone know of anything else I can do to help her until I take her to the doctor tomorrow? Also...I know pink eye is very contagious and I want to try to keep my other little girl from getting it...besides washing hands and sanitizing...is there anything else I should do? Thanks so much.

mandystenger

Asked by mandystenger at 11:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Health

• They can get a cold in their eye and that's not pink eye.
    Anonymous

• sounds like it's not real pink eye infection in her eye but it's a symptom for what is really going on.

pink eye is caused by getting fecal matter in the eye, so make daughter wash her hands and wash anything she may have touched. You can get pink eye from laying on a pillow someone farted on...
    Anonymous

• chase her around the house with lysol spray spraying everything she touches lol.and tomorrow morning maybe you could possibly be there BEFORE she wakes up with a lukewarm washcloth to soften the gunk so that her eyes do not stick together when she opens them while waking up.
    Children can get quiet scared when they wake up and cannot see or open their eyes.

good luck :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• make sure they dont share a pillow thats how i caught it from my son lol but if the tylnol dont bring her fever down i would take her to the er to get checked gl hope she feels better
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• anonymous at 1119.... i think you watched "knocked up" and got the idea that pink eye is cause my fecal matter.

"Allergies, virii, and other chemicals have been known to cause pink eye. All it takes is one person to contract this and within days, he/she can spread it to others easily."
    http://library.thinkquest.org/C005949/diseases/pinkeye.htm
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• **is caused by fecal matter**
    CORRECTION
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• You cannot get pink eye from poop particles....you watched that movie lol....so not true, just a myth. B/c of her other symptoms I doubt it's bacterial pink eye. If her sinuses are congested it could be "sinus backup" If it's accompanied by a cold it is viral conjunctivitis....it generally clears up on it's own....bacterial is the stuff that needs medicine.

If you need more info go here :http://www.babycenter.com/0_conjunctivitis_11283.bc
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• LMAO.... haha its so funny hes all
    "damn hes got it bad..."
    "no im just REALLLLLLLYYY stoned."

HAHA that movie is SO FUNNY!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Thank you all so much...hopefully the doctor will get whatever it is figured out...she's had pink eye before...when she was a baby...and she also had pneumonia with it...so I'm hoping that's not what's going on again...that was a rough week lol.
    mandystenger

Answer by mandystenger at 11:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• lol I think it's so funny people believed it lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009