• In the Spotlight:

Please help!! ALL Advice is welcome, even if you don't have an 8 year old:)

I am having a sleepover for my 8 year old boy. We are going to order pizza and watch a movie, but I wanted to play some old school birthday games!! Any suggestions! I did a google search and am not having much luck.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My kids adore sleeping in a tent. "I know a tent indoors" not so hot. but I try putting it up in the living room and they tell ghost (scary) stories, and try freaking each other out. Video games if you have them. A game of hide and seek, a treasure hunt with clues scattered throughout the house. Instead of ordering pizza let the boys make their own( with supervision of course). If it is snowy a snowball fight with hot chocolate and cookies afterwards. Have fun

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• pinata, pin the tail on the donkey, musical chairs, three legged race, not sure if these are "cool" to an 8year old
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Our kids always loved scavenger hunts.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• What region do you live in? If it's a fairly warmer climate, outside games could be fun. Games like flashlight tag, or maybe you could get a pinata(sp?). 8 year olds are tough because they aren't babies anymore, but there not exactly teenagers, although most think they are. Have you been to any party stores yet? They could probably give you some pretty good tips.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Scavenger hunt is a good idea - do it as a pirate theme and they have to find the "treasures".
    Anonymous

• Boobear The tent idea is awesome! I had another idea so I thought I'd repost. At one of my parties when I was a kid we did a chain story. This is when you make up part of a story, then the next person adds some more to it and then the next and so on until everyone has a turn. Each kid can take the story in any direction they want. It's fun to see what they can come up with.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• OP here: I Love all of the ideas-it will be tough to pick a best answer. The smart CM members are out tonight YAY!! Thank you so much ladies:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jan. 14, 2009