How can i become a stay at home mom and still make a little cash?

With the second baby on the way there is no way that we can afford daycare. We already pay 660 a month for one kiddo. So we have talked about me just staying home after i have the baby, BUT i love the things that my daughter has learned and experience in daycare and i would like to leave her there at least part time so that she can still be around kids her own age and learn new things. I would also like to be able to have my own money for myself. I have been looking around but i just keep going back and forth on what i could do from home. I would love to her some input from some stay a home moms that make a little money on the side.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• I make my money by having classes in my house. I also put my finished products on consignment at local shops, and I get a commission on any of my sales. I love what I do, because I actually don't leave my home, because the women come to my house to learn new techniques. I get to be creative and I love what I do. You can make about $200 -$400 per week just from classes. Classes last about 1 hr and I charge any where from $15 - $25 depending on the project. I try to get about 10 ladies per class and I have at least 2 classes per week. Now my upline has about 10 classes per week with about 10 ladies in each class and she works about 20-30 per week and makes about $200 per class. She is very busy, but I have little ones so I try to have about 2 classes at least which is $400 per week in just classes.
    SimplyCreative

Answer by SimplyCreative at 11:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Hi,  I actually run several businesses from my home, I do Errand Assisting, Virtual Assisting and now an Advertising Service.  I also run my website www.stuffformoms.info  which has links to my business websites as well.  You can use these as examples to start your own business.. It's actually easier than you think.  I also have Freelance Jobs links as well.  Let me know if you have any questions.

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:17 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Hi!

Take a look at my site at www.thecroppers.com/dyamondrose, see if you find something you like.  You can also try having your own site about something you like.  Kind of like a niche site.

Take care,

dyamondrose

dyamondrose

Answer by dyamondrose at 12:27 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Have you thought about working at the daycare? Most will allow you bring your own kids either free or at a drastically reduced rate. Also, many churches have a "mothers day out" that's only 1 day a week, that might be an option for you if you decide to stay home full time.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I work from home with an amazing company that also allows me to provide a healthier environment for my children. I am by no means rich.. but we are now comfortable.  Feel free to send me a message, or visit my website at www.abetteru.2freedom.com

You might consider placing your daughter in a pre-school.  Then she will learn, and usually not as expensive as daycare.  Added bonus.. mommy time.

Good Luck to you

mrssfoster

Answer by mrssfoster at 9:52 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Good Morning,
    I have a home based business. It is the best direct selling business out there. I have fun doing it, I change people's lives with health and I feel great about doing it. Unlike makeup and toys, people get results from our Nutritional Supplements and stay on these products month after month. I make about $1,000. a month working just 2 to 3 hrs a day from home. It has really been a blessing in my life. All you need to do this business is have a caring heart and really want to help people.

All my best to you in your new career search!

Amy
    amybarrett

Answer by amybarrett at 9:58 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I sell candles from home and it's free! You can make extra cash on the side. It's fun and these candles sell themselves! Visit my page on here to learn more : )
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• You should look into direct sells. I am a Independent Scentsy consultant and it has been great at first I made about $400-$600 a month now it is more because I have such a wonderful team! It is a great company and is growing like crazy. Take a look at my website and see what you think!
    www.scentsy.com/5709
    as for the daycare thing you might look into mothers day out it is usually 2-3 days a week and is usually between 9-3 for the hours here it costs anywhere from $15-25 a day. and if they don't go you don't have to pay!
    bdba673

Answer by bdba673 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• have you ever tried pampered chef, avon, mary kay, tupperware, pure romance? i am almost in the same situation as you . i am trying to find some way to make some extra cash on the side. good luck
    onesexymama22

Answer by onesexymama22 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• Write "how-to" article for www.ehow.com and www.bukisa.com They have workers compensation program. Please reads FAQs before applying. Remember you will be paid every month for same articles - monthly recurring money. Another great place to find work at home job is www.workathomedesk.com their directory and "work at home leads" are place to find legit wah jobs
    Vickykool

Answer by Vickykool at 11:52 AM on Jan. 14, 2009