going into labor....

hey i went to my dr today and found out that i was dialating and 50% effaced. they said they would be surprised if i made it a week. so here is my question. i am very anxious to have my baby boy and i know that sex helps. however husband is working night shift and during the day he needs to sleep and we have a 2 yr old daughter. so would it do the same thing if i used a toy. like i said i am desperate. my back hurts so bad i cant take it!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you are having back contractions more and likely im sure a toy would help
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• More so than the sex itself is the semen that helps speed things along. It helps your cervix ripen and get ready for labor. Orgasm's will help (maybe) start some contractions, but its really all about the semen.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• no its actually the semen that thins your cervix not an actual orgasm.
    Anonymous

• Sperm can soften things up but the contractions of an orgasm can get things jump started too. Good Luck!

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yes! Orgasm will help because it releases oxytocin and that will stimulate contractions. You could also drink some Raspberry leaf tea. Good Luck and Have Fun! I've heard from many doctors and midwives that the amount of prostaglandin in semen actually doesn't help much at all.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2009