If you are thin, do you look down on obese women?

If you are thin, do you look down on obese women? I don't mean chubby, I mean morbidly obese? Please be honest, I'd really like to know how the majority feels about this topic.

Keep in mind, you have no idea if I am a thin woman who does and wants to know if others agree, OR, if I am an overweight woman who wants to know how others see her.

If you feel the need to answer anonymously, please do. Be honest, but respectful, please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• God makes everyone different. We all come in different shapes and sizes. I would start seeing the "inside" of people not judging the outside. You don't know until you walk a day or a week in the life of another person!
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 1:27 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• interesting question, im not skinny so i cant answer but its still interesting
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i am thin i do not look down on anyone who is over weight nor thin i think im fat at times but im use to having a flat belly not flab but i dont believe in putting anyone down for any reason exp their weight
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• No, I don't look down on obese people. I worry about them since they are risking their health though. Then again, there are some thin people who are only thin because they are doing things that risk their health. Some of the greatest people I know are morbidly obese.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 11:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• honestly, yes I do. I know it's wrong but I can't seem to help it. It's not all obese people... mainly the ones on the shows that lay in bed eating ALL DAY and say "I can't lose weight" well duh, if you lay in bed eating all day, you're gonna get fat. Or someone complaining about their weight while they eat a large order of fries. I don't look down on all obese people because I do know there are hormone imbalances that cause you to not be able to loose weight, like when I had thyroid issues, I couldn't lose weight, but got that fixed and lost the weight.

I mainly feel that you shouldn't complain about it if you are doing nothing to change it. of course I have that outlook on all parts of life.

side note - And I feel there are certain articles of clothing that should not be made above a certain size... LOL midrif tube tops do not need to be 3XL. ;o)
    Anonymous

• I don't look down on anyone. I'm not obese but I'm not thin either. I'd like to get rid of my big belly but thats neither here nor there.
    I'm okay with who I am no matter how I got there. I feel many woman who are obese feel the same way. Some prefer to be smaller and do all they can to get there but I feel like if I have to have surgery, vomit when I eat, or just plain starve myself just to be smaller than my fat ass need to stay right where it is.
    I just wish most woman larger than I am thought the same way. Honestly this world would be so much better.
    Your beautiful no matter how big you are.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 11:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I try not to judge people until I know their "story" but as for the question:unfortuantly ,while I do not look down on them, I do pity them.
    Anonymous

• Well, I don't understand why someone would let themselves get MORBIDLY obese. It's unhealthy, unattractive and takes a lot away from one's life. I don't look down upon them, but I will never understand it. Now my stepmother is a heavy set woman, my sister is chubby and so is my brother. I am pretty thin, even just having a child and 15lbs more than my normal weight, BUT chubby and overweight are on a different level than morbidly obese. What do you consider morbidly obese? A woman more than 300lbs? I just don't understand why anyone would let themselves get that big, outside of a thyroid problem or diabetes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• "side note - And I feel there are certain articles of clothing that should not be made above a certain size... LOL midrif tube tops do not need to be 3XL. ;o)"

Sorry for jumping in on a question directed to skinny people, but, I'm fat myself and couldn't agree more!
    Anonymous

• I don't look down on them, but I do feel sorry for them.

I am thin by default. I typically eat whatever I want whenever I want and even if I don't exercise I still don't get above 125 pounds at 5'7''. Its just a matter of time before it catches up with me so I don't judge. I am wise enough to know that I am PRESENTLY lucky and could wake up obese any day now!
    Anonymous